Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sao Chico B - Week 1

September 7, 2015

Things are fantastic in Brazil! I´m actually surprised and a bit worried about that! Everyone says it's always the first few weeks that are hard - but for me, this just feels normal! I was a little shy at first but now I do contacts without a second thought, I can just talk to people.


Since I've arrived I've had absolutely no fears about anything. Nunca!! And it freaks me out a bit! Haha, I'´m just talking with people and I have the smallest grip on the language that I could possibly have! The only thing I could come up with that´s getting me through this is the fact that I've come so much closer with my Heavenly Father during my time at the CTM. I've really come to know more about the Atonement and Jesus Christ and how much Heavenly Father loves all his children, especially me! In the CTM I could literally feel the seed of faith growing in me as I dedicated time to study the gospel, and tried to keep the commandments! I feel the Love of Christ every day, for me and for my pesquisadors! 

Right now the only thing that is hard for me is being away from my family, all of you guys! I've been reading Grandma Dawson's history and I just wanted to be with you guys and just sit down and talk! I couldn't help but tear up. They were precious stories for me and I'll be treasuring those for a long time!

I want to hear some updates about what´s going on at home! :)
  
Love you lots
Tudo Bem!

Elder John D. Scarlett
john.scarlett@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment